- Give an overview of the Disruptor
- Show how to create a simple one producer, one consumer example.
- Show how to wire up a parallel event handler
- Show how to how (and why) to create a diamond dependency graph.
- Extrapolate beyond these very simple examples to something closer to a real world architecture.
The slides (not all that useful, I'll grant you, without me talking) are available, and you can download the code.
If you want to work through the examples yourself, start with com.mechanitis.towerdefense.TowerDefence. The starting point code for the workshop is in package com.mechanitis.towerdefense. com.mechanitis.towerdefense1 shows a solution to exercise one, com.mechanitis.towerdefense2 to exercise 2 and so forth. The final package, com.mechanitis.towerdefense4, has some different towers you can play with to see the effects. They don't really show anything special about the Disruptor, but they were fun to write and are interesting to play with.